It’s Mother’s Day! In celebration, today I am sharing my Top 10 Memories with Mom (in no particular order):
- Getting Baskin-Robbins ice cream before walking home from shopping.
- Taking a taxi every day to and from daycare.
- Trying not to mess up the VCR while it was recording daytime soaps.
- Sunday morning pancakes with bacon and eggs.
- Following you around the house to read you Mad Libs and jokes from Laffy Taffy.
- Classmates saying how tall you were when you came to the school.
- You almost scaring my dad to death while learning to drive a car.
- Helping me with homework and working on flash cards for math and reading.
- You telling me what a good writer and artist I was and encouraging me not to give it up.
- How you helped me believe I was somebody special who could achieve anything in life.
Mom, these are just a few of the memories we’ve made over the years, but more than anything I remember your presence… the steady and calming voice and demeanor that have always been there since the day I took my first breath in this crazy world. Whether it is a phone call, a text message, or a weekend or holiday visit, you have always been home to me. Thank you, mom for always being a place of peace, love, acceptance, and encouragement for me. You have been everything I’ve ever needed and more in a mother, and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you. I love you and appreciate you more than you know. Enjoy your Mother’s Day! You’ve earned it 😊.